Meetings, Conferences, and Incentives are highly valued and thriving sectors of our industry. They concern all those involved with them, whether corporations, planners, buyers, suppliers or national and regional promotion bureaus.
Operating year-round, the MICE industry (Meetings Incentives Conferences Events) makes a major contribution to society and business through research, education and cultural understanding. It is high yielding and sustainable and it helps to regenerate urban and resort areas and stimulates inward investment and export earnings for the destinations. The growth of the global meetings industry is predicted to be faster than any other sector to the year 2010.
From the top organizer down to the coach drivers we should all be concerned how to better serve our clients and create high quality, memorable events for them. This can only be achieved with continued education for the client needs today, better understanding of the industry requirements tomorrow, and networking among peers.
The core purposes of IMIC (International Meetings & Incentives Conference) are:
- To provide an annual international networking and educational forum, in the southeastern Mediterranean area, for all MICE professionals, such as:
• Destination and venue executives,
• Conference and incentive organizers,
• Meeting planners and destination management companies,
• Meeting industry services and equipment providers,
• National and local organizations and
• Everybody concerned by the development of meetings, conference and incentives.
- To provide a greater understanding of key issues for the incentive & meeting industry and propose solutions for those with an interest in the sector, through top quality speakers and educational sessions from industry leaders and researchers.
- To enhance the performance of the delegates in attracting meetings and incentives, identify gaps in knowledge, propose solutions for obtaining solid business results.
- To build networking opportunities at an international level, develop new partnerships with person to person contacts and reinforce ties with established clients and suppliers.